Saturday, 31 August 2013

Holiday Snaps - Day 1: Bath & Hotel

So, last month me and my auntie went on a coach trip to the Cotswolds where we were able to visit Highclere Castle which is the place where Downton Abbey is set as well as lots of churches - including the ones used in the Downton series, little towns, stately homes and lots more. On the first day we had an hour or two in Bath before making our way up to our hotel in Swindon so I hope you enjoy seeing the pictures from the first day - there are quite a few!

We first wandered around Bath and went a few shops and took some tourist-y pictures. Bath is so beautiful and all the houses look lovely - the stonework is amazing! I then found the Pump Room and any Austen fans who have read Northanger Abbey will know that that location is mentioned within the book so I did kind of feel like I was Catherine from Northanger!















We then decided to look around Bath Abbey where I took a lot of pictures and fell in love with everything really!


































After leaving the abbey we carried on with our journey up to Swindon where we stayed at the Menzies Hotel - you can find their website here: http://www.menzieshotels.co.uk/hotels/south-central/swindon/. We had a bit of trouble here as we were given our room on the same floor as everyone else on the trip but my auntie found her bed very uncomfortable so we were moved to another room on a different floor which had a double bed instead of two singles so at tea they went and swapped the double for two singles. The hotel had amazing staff and the breakfast was amazing but it was mid-June and the temperature was reaching 30 C every day and the floor we were moved to didn't have a window and there was no air conditioning. Other than this it was amazing and I loved my stay there and they had so many meat free options at tea - I was in my element!

 First room:



Second room (pre-bed swap)



I hope you enjoyed this post and I will be uploading the pictures from the other days soon as well as more wish lists, a look book and a haul.
Speak to you soon!

Want to chat, ask a question or recommend a post? Tweet me here: https://twitter.com/TheEmeraldDove
I am selling loads on Ebay at the moment - here is the link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/to-buy-or-not-to-buy/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=50&_trksid=p3686
And don't forget to vote on the little poll on my side bar about what type of posts you would like to see.
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. What lovely pictures! I can't wait to see the rest. This trip looks perfect!

    Em
    Tightrope to the Sun

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww lovely!

    Would you like to follow each other?

    caterpillar-girll.blogspot.co.uk

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The abbey looks so beautiful, its such a lovely place!

    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bath looks so beautiful, full of beautiful and historical architecture :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing post!!
    Would you like to follow each other?! Let me know!

    xoxo

    http://estilohedonico.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  6. After hearing how beautiful Bath is and then seeing these pictures, I really want to go! I would take so many photos I just know it, haha.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The roof in that cathedral is so stunning!! Bath has such pretty buildings, I need to make time to visit soon!

    Em x

    ReplyDelete

© The Emerald Dove. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig