Wednesday, 22 March 2017

Burgundy Is For Life, Not Just For Christmas

 
If anyone tells you that burgundy isn't a spring colour, cut them off. You don't need that kinda negativity in your life. Burgundy and black are my two go-to colours all year round. Lately, I have been living in this black heart print shirt that I got in the New Look sale for just £8 (who could resist such a bargain?). But I wanted to jazz up my usual uniform of this shirt, black jeans, boots, and a leather jacket by adding a dash of burgundy into the mix. That's when I found this gilet in the back of my wardrobe from last autumn and I was delighted. I also found these old peep-toe Primark heeled mules I bought last spring - I actually wore these to my wedding reception and they made my feet bleed (what woman doesn't want to spend her wedding day putting plasters on her toes??). They weren't quite as painful as before but the memories still haunt me every time I put these shoes on.


 
It may be clear to see that I am still searching for a good place to take outfit pictures in Cardiff. And I am also still searching for the confidence to not spend the whole time awkwardly laughing as my husband shouts 'do a sexy face!!' at me in our garden. The fact that one of our housemates were watching out the window didn't make it any easier. My face has two moods - either overexcited pre-teen or disgusted. As is evident from these pictures.

 

Shirt - New Look (old)
Gilet - Primark (old)
Jeans - Primark
Shoes - Primark (old)
 
I promise I will feature something new one day (but maybe don't hold your breath).

4 comments:

  1. Cute outfit! Love the maroon vest. Looks very elegant :)

    ephemeralfox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful.So chic
    I love love that vest coat,it's stunning

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love burgundy, its such a classic colour!

    Vanessa x | www.springlilies.com

    ReplyDelete